The Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse serves the community by:
- Educating individuals and families on responsible and legal choices regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, and;
- Supporting and motivating them to build healthy lives free from abuse and addiction.
- To educate and provide information about chemical use,
misuse, abuse and the effects and consequences of chemical dependency.
- Assist individuals in making informed decisions about alcohol and
other drugs through prevention or information and referral initiatives.
- To strengthen efforts in early detection of chemical abuse-dependency
and intervene with high risk populations.
- Advocate for better prevention, intervention, and treatment resources
to strengthen positive community environments and to encourage
healthy attitudes and life styles.
We are a unique organization who achieves its mission by building on the strengths of the community and the customers we serve. We listen to our stakeholders and strive to improve our services based on this input. We strive to create a work environment in which all employees are respected for their strengths and provide opportunities to grow and develop in their professional lives. Creativity, innovation and flexibility will be accepted and expected as part of our on-going improvement efforts. We also celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes.